Global chat

General chat about the Symmetry project.
Fearsum

Global chat

Post by Fearsum » 6 months ago

Global chat seems to be so quiet now. People arent answering others on global. Is the server just in that time when no one wants to help others level or answer questions? I remember seeing global always busy looking for groups for this or that and now it's just empty and barren.

Tha-Antmann

Post by Tha-Antmann » 6 months ago

Yeah, people don't do leveling dungeons either. Typical pserver raid-only mentality. Ally side, at least. Idk about horde.

Shana62

Post by Shana62 » 6 months ago

I just started today was wondering if I should invest time now reading this made me worried. So levelling dungeons are not a busy just end game raiding ?

Tha-Antmann

Be prepared to spam chats all day to (maybe) get a dungeon group. That's if you're lucky. People are just rushing to cap and raiding. There is no multiplayer leveling game. You're solo until cap, unless you've got friends starting with you, to run everything with. Best bet is to hold out for WoW Classic, because Sym's dead.

Roxanne Flowers

Post by Roxanne Flowers » 6 months ago

You can safely discount the opinion of the poster who joined 2 weeks ago. They exaggerate the "dedness" of the dungeon scene pretty substantially. The world chat isn't being continuously spammed with LFG/LFM requests for dungeons, but there are plenty of such requests coming up in world chat frequently enough.

You might as well join and enjoy the community feeling.
Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Tha-Antmann

You can safely discount the opinion of the obvious white-knight, with wishful thinking about how lots of dungeon runs happen all the time. OR...you can ignore both of us, because if you've already started here, you'll find out for yourself if the population and community match your needs. And "ded" isn't how you spell that.

Weilan

Post by Weilan » 6 months ago

Well, this is the situation on a PvE server. Many people find PvP a lot more Blizz-like experience and aren't interested in PvE only. But there are 250-300 people in EU evenings, so it's not so bad in my opinion.

Tha-Antmann

If they believe pvp is more Blizzlike, they are objectively wrong. PvE servers almost always had higher populations. There were only a couple high pop pvp ones, and quite a few high pop pve. The clear majority of players during the real vanilla were pve server players. Per the population, and the "not so bad", it's fine for deadmines runs. Then there's a big dead zone until around mid 30s(SM), where the dungeoning begins happening again, and it keeps up from there, for the most part. So to new players, at this point, I'd say this: It's sort-of fine. Expect the dead zone. Plan around it.

*note* This is all in reference to playing Alliance. I don't play Horde(never have) so I do not have any experience from which to speak there.

gaszornihnplaht

Post by gaszornihnplaht » 5 months ago

The dead zone doesn't even end after SM lol!......seriously, DM...SOLO........SM...SOLO...............ZF!..probably solo awhile after that, ffs. If anything, y'all bein' too nice. Way too nice.