How to connect

Everything you need to know about playing on Symmetry.
User avatar
Ramses
Site Admin
Posts: 70
Joined: 10 months ago
Location: GM Island
Contact:

How to connect

Post by Ramses » 10 months ago

Registration

Before registering your new account please read our Terms of Service, we take it very seriously.
Register your new account on our website. Account Registration

We suggest you DO NOT USE ACCOUNT NAMES OR PASSWORDS PREVIOUSLY USED on other private servers.

Download & Install Client 1.12

You can use any 1.12 client. Do not install it to your Windows Program files folder as Windows will cause file permissions issues.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Torrenting tips: Stop seeding when you're done or use a VPN

Players from other 1.12 projects
Please remember to delete your WDB folder if you previously used the client on another project, you need to delete it due to different patching between projects.


Editing your realmlist file

Open your realmlist.wtf file with Notepad or another text editor, you will find it in the root of your newly installed client.
Edit the content of the realmlist.wtf to: set realmlist logon.symmetrywow.com
Be sure to remove anything else contained in the file and once edited to connect to Symmetry save the file.

Issues with realmlist
  • If you have trouble editing the realmlist, make sure the file is NOT set to WRITE ONLY (right click in the file > Properties> Attributes: Read Only must be Unchecked)
  • Server list bouncing back to another server. The first line is always the one that dictates the realmlist, make sure that set realmlist logon.symmetrywow.com is on top.
Log in with your created account

Choose your realm MANUALLY otherwise, you might be assigned to the PTR which could be unavailable and will disconnect you causing login issues.
Create your character, please review our ToS regarding naming policies.

Issues with logging in
  • Login successful but unable to connect to a realm: Please go in the game directory and delete the WDB folder. Also, delete the config.wtf * file in the WTF folder. If you do not want to delete the file, you can open and edit the realm choice to * SET realmName "Symmetry Vanilla"
  • IF you are sharing the client with another Server please remember to DELETE the WDB folder every time you swap, this is due to disparity of timelines between the two servers.[/i]
Last edited by Ramses 7 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed realm name to reflect new realm name.

User avatar
HudsonHawk
Posts: 10
Joined: 10 months ago
Location: Azeroth

Post by HudsonHawk » 10 months ago

Thank you for this. :geek:

User avatar
kbrown420
Posts: 1
Joined: 9 months ago

Post by kbrown420 » 9 months ago

im trying to figure it out but seems im not sure what I am doing I pull up the file with my note pad and it comes up this huge page of stuff that I cant read or understand but the top says" d8:announce34:udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:696913:announce-listll34:udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969el28:udp://e "

User avatar
Comar
Posts: 1
Joined: 9 months ago

Post by Comar » 9 months ago

What is wrong with the English PC Direct Download. It keeps jumping to something called freenon.link. Suggestions?

User avatar
Ramses
Site Admin
Posts: 70
Joined: 10 months ago
Location: GM Island
Contact:

Post by Ramses » 9 months ago

kbrown420 wrote:
9 months ago
im trying to figure it out but seems im not sure what I am doing I pull up the file with my note pad and it comes up this huge page of stuff that I cant read or understand but the top says" d8:announce34:udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:696913:announce-listll34:udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969el28:udp://e "
You need a torrent client to download torrents.
Comar wrote:
9 months ago
What is wrong with the English PC Direct Download. It keeps jumping to something called freenon.link. Suggestions?
We do not host any client files. I only have some linked for ease of getting up and started. Link removed

User avatar
SammyFrost
Posts: 2
Joined: 8 months ago

Post by SammyFrost » 8 months ago

I'm not sure if its just an issue I have but I've been trying to connect to the servers using the vanilla client using my server username and password and its not really letting me connect at all.

User avatar
Gilbegger
Posts: 6
Joined: 8 months ago

Post by Gilbegger » 8 months ago

I follow the above steps...and the only thing that happens is a very quick "dissconected from server" message.

User avatar
Ramses
Site Admin
Posts: 70
Joined: 10 months ago
Location: GM Island
Contact:

Post by Ramses » 8 months ago

SammyFrost wrote:
8 months ago
I'm not sure if its just an issue I have but I've been trying to connect to the servers using the vanilla client using my server username and password and its not really letting me connect at all.
Have you created an account here? https://symmetrywow.com/registration
Is your realmlist.wtf edited properly?
Gilbegger wrote:
8 months ago
I follow the above steps...and the only thing that happens is a very quick "dissconected from server" message.
I answered your other post on your issues. Please read the setup again as if you followed it properly you would not be having any issues.

User avatar
mykey923
Posts: 1
Joined: 7 months ago

Post by mykey923 » 7 months ago

Why is there no english direct download

User avatar
Ramses
Site Admin
Posts: 70
Joined: 10 months ago
Location: GM Island
Contact:

Post by Ramses » 7 months ago

mykey923 wrote:
7 months ago
Why is there no english direct download
Added and welcome to Symmetry.

Post Reply