?TBC for newbs / Infos?

General chat about the Symmetry project.
axel

?TBC for newbs / Infos?

Post by axel » 2 months ago

Hey,

as general question:
I am wondering what changed with the XPac TBC?

in particular:
1 what was the goal of blizzard to improve with TBC? (despite new content of course)

2 what was the actual general improvements?

3 what was new? (class/professions/mechanics?)

4 what expectations were met?

5 what to expect there when coming from Vanilla? (I didn't raid yet, but I see the grind in classic to even get raid-ready).

Thanks in advance.

axel

Here the very general changes that are to be found at the game description, but perhaps it should not be missing:
- level to 70 in a new Continent, and learn new spells
- 2 new races: The interstellar-refugee Draenei (Alliance) and the magic-addicted Blood Elves (Horde). Which now allow to become a Shaman (as Alliance) or Paladin (as Horde).
- You will be able to use a flying mount.

Roxanne Flowers

Post by Roxanne Flowers » 2 months ago

axel wrote:
2 months ago
2 what was the actual general improvements?
One of the most obvious Quality of Life features that came with Blood Crusade was ... (proper!) Auto Loot functionality.

If a loot box popped up, you automagically looted everything in it. Done.

And while that doesn't sound all that impressive a feature, it was beyond amazing for what it did to the cash flow of Rogues. Now you could create macros for your from Stealth opening attacks that added Pickpocket (which would Auto Loot successfully!) before using your opening attack. You could now Pickpocket and attack all in one action. Likewise, if you didn't want to break Stealth, you could Pickpocket, Auto Loot, and just keep moving ... dramatically reducing the span of time where you were vulnerably close to your target. Made Pickpocketing a breeze to do, and consequently improved the cash flow (and indirectly, Ravenholdt Reputation) of pretty much every Rogue in the game.
Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

axel

That sounds indeed very interesting and fair to the rogue, given how critical rogue movement is when being stealthed... Its a good improvement . The way you described it makes it not sound inferior.

However it's similiar to one such as mass-loot... which gives AoE farmers an improvement over say.. Elite-Farmers or similar.

I am further wondering what their main goal for change was - the overall mechanic of the game into something new. Is the raid-process the same?

This should really not sound like any negativity, just curious on their state of view. And knowing this got "more " "adressed" in the later expansions.